30 March 2017
400 Meter Briefcase Shuttle
- Teams will consist of four (4) members – (2) men & (2) women.
- The cumulative age of the four walkers must be a minimum of 120 years.
- Race legs are 100 meters each. The total distance is 400 meters.
- Exchanges must be made successfully within the 22-meter exchange zone.
- “Out-of-zone” exchanges or obstructing other participants is a 30-second penalty.
- Each participant will move from station to station picking up specific office supplies and placing them in their briefcase before walking.
- An example of what is and is not walking will be demonstrated prior to the event.
- Judges will be placed around the entire course. They will determine when a walker is not walking by the rules and keep a record of those infractions.
- A penalty of five (5) seconds will be assessed for each infraction.
- Impeding the progress of another runner constitutes a foul. Fouling may result in a time penalty assessed (30 seconds) of the runner committing the foul in that event.
- In the event that a baton is dropped in a relay, the runner who dropped the baton must pick it up. If, in doing so, the runner impedes the progress of any other runner, he or she has fouled and will result in a 30-second penalty.
- All participants must report to the staging area (center of track) 20 minutes before their scheduled Company Division event. If a participant misses their heat, there will not be a “make-up” heat nor can they run with another heat.
- Spikes up to ¼ inch in length will be allowed.