30 March 2017
- Team must have four (4) women and four (4) men playing at all times.
- Teams can consist of sixteen (16) total members.
- Each team member must check in at the beginning of the 1st game.
- Once the competition begins, there will be no substitutions allowed unless an injury occurs.
- In the case of an injury, a substitution can replace the injured player. However, the injured player is out of the tournament and not allowed to come back in and play.
- This will be a double-elimination tournament.
- Games will be played in conjunction with the rules, penalties and spot enforcement of the Kansas State High School Activities Association
(KSHSAA) with the following exceptions:
- Each game will be played within a 20-minute time limit.
- Playing fields are 35 yards wide. End zones are 10 yards deep.
- At the beginning of the game, after unsuccessful attempts to gain a first down or score, and after each score, the ball will be scrimmaged from the 30-yard line.
- Starting at the 30-yard line, the offensive team will have 4 downs to advance the ball to the 15-yard line or score a touchdown. If successful in advancing the ball to the 15-yard line, the offensive team will then have another 4 downs to attempt to score a touchdown.
- Huddles will be a maximum of 30 seconds. First violation will be a warning. Every violation after the first will result in a loss of down.
- Touchdowns count as six (6) points.
- Extra-point conversions will start at the 5-yard line and count as two (2) points.
- Interceptions are worth three (3) points (except on extra point attempts) and cannot be run back. The ball will be placed on the 30-yard line and a change of possession will occur.
- Every player must wear two flags around the waist. While in possession of the ball, if one flag is pulled the ball becomes downed at that point.
- The snap to the quarterback must be between the legs. Violation will result in a loss of down.
- The person who receives the snap is considered to be the quarterback for that play, and cannot run the ball past the line of scrimmage unless being rushed.
- Rushing the quarterback is allowed. Once the ball is snapped, anyone wishing to rush the quarterback must wait three seconds before doing so, counting out loud.
- Handoffs are not allowed.
- Lateral passes or pitches are allowed.
- All players are eligible to receive the ball.
- “Bump and run” coverage is not permitted.
- All fumbles result in a dead ball.
- All judgments made by the officials will be final. No protesting allowed.
- In the case of a tie game after 20 minutes, the game goes into overtime. Each team will have 1 down opportunity to score from the 5-yard line. A coin flip will determine who has the ball first. First possession will then alternate with each subsequent overtime opportunity. The game will end when oneteam scores and the other does not.
- Game Balls
- Game Belts & Flags