30 March 2017
3-on-3 Basketball (Mens & Womens)
- Teams will consist of no more than six (6) members.
- The six members that play the first game of the tournament will stay the same throughout the tournament. There will be no substitution of players.
- In the case of an injury, a substitution can replace the injured player. However, the injured player is out of the tournament and not allowed to come back in and play.
- This will be a double-elimination tournament.
- Games will be played on a half court using Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) rules with the following exceptions:
- The first team to score 12 points in each game will be declared the winner. Each game must be completed within a 15-minute time limit. If neither team has scored 12 points and the 15-minute time limit expires, the team ahead at that time will be declared the winner. If tied at the end of the 15-minute time limit, sudden death play will begin, in which the first team to score will be declared the winner. To begin sudden death play, first possession will be determined by a coin flip.
- Baskets outside the 3-point line will count as 2 points. Baskets on or within the 3-point line will count as 1 point.
- The ball must be brought out beyond the 3-point line on every change of possession, regardless of whether the ball hits the rim on a shot. Both feet must clear the line.
- Substitutes will be allowed during dead ball situations only. The official will administer the ball during dead ball situations at the top of the key behind the 3-point line.
- Each team will be awarded one 30-second timeout per contest.
- FOULS…Each team is allowed six (6) team fouls per contest. For each foul after the sixth team foul, one (1) point will be awarded to the opposing team.
- No dunking will be allowed. Violation will result in no points scored and a loss of possession.
- All judgments made by the officials will be final. No protesting allowed.
- No game will start with less than three team members. Team members must show participant numbers to the scorekeeper. Forfeiture of game will result five minutes after the court becomes available for play of the scheduled game.
- Game Balls