30 March 2017
5K Bike Sprint
- One (1) man and one (1) woman can participate per team.
- This event will be a 5-kilometer time trial format.
- Time trials will be recorded individually.
- Triathlon handlebars and disc wheels will not be allowed.
- Although not required, helmets are strongly recommended.
- Only two wheel single bicycles will be allowed. No tandems.
- Headphones are not allowed on the course.
- No support vehicles of any kind are allowed on the course except those associated with Corporate Challenge.
- This is a time trial, approximately 3 miles long. Each rider will start individually according to pre-assigned times. If a participant’s start time is missed, he/she forfeits the race.
- Race numbers should be clearly visible and pinned over the left hip.
- No drafting will be tolerated. Drafting will result in immediate disqualification by race officials. Riders must maintain a distance of at least two (2) bike lengths between the riders ahead and at least four (4) feet while overtaking another rider.
Participant Equipment Responsibilities
- Safety Helmet