Wing Eating Contest
Please Take Caution
Eating competitions are inherently dangerous activities, and all participants expressly and voluntarily assume the risk of any and all injury and damage that may result from the participation in eating competitions. Participants understand that such risks include, but are not limited to possible bodily injury, partial or total disability, paralysis, death or other injuries or damages. Selection of participation in the event and the risks of loss, damage or injury shall at all times remain with and be borne by each participant. Participants will be required to execute a Waiver of Liability, Release, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement before participation.
Each team will consist of one (1) female competitor and one (1) male competitor.
- Each competitor will start with exactly twenty (20) Spicy Garlic chicken wing drumsticks.
- The contest will last exactly two (2) minutes.
- Once the contest begins, competitors will consume the drumsticks and place the remaining bone back into their basket.
- At the end of the two-minute contest, the drumstick bones in each competitor’s basket will be counted by the Executive Judge. The total combined number of drumsticks eaten by the female and male competitors from each team will determine the winner.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the number of drumsticks eaten by the team’s female competitor. (if still tied after this, a 30 second wing off will take place.)
- Competitors may eat sitting down or standing up in their designated areas. Any contestant leaving their designated area during the contest OR THE TIME PERIOD IN WHICH THE WINGS ARE BEING COUNTED will be disqualified.
- Competitors may not make physical contact with any other competitor at any time. Any competitor who deliberately makes contact with another competitor will be disqualified.
- If a competitor finishes the allotted twenty (20) Spicy Garlic drumsticks before the contest is complete, they will be given an additional twenty (20) Spicy Garlic drumsticks to consume.
- If a competitor vomits or regurgitates at any time during the competition or during the time period the wing count is being tallied, he or she will be disqualified.
- The use of utensils is not allowed.
- Chicken meat must be eaten directly from the bones. Stripping the bones of meat first and eating the meat at one time will not be allowed.
- Competitors may not touch the wing basket or wings in the basket before the contest begins.
- Competitors must place each and every finished chicken bone back in the wing basket. Failure to place wing bones back into the basket will result in disqualification.
- Drinks are permitted.
- If contingencies or disputes arise at the contest/before, during or after, that are not explicitly covered by these official rules, the Executive Judge’s decision will stand with the same finality as the rules.